HireIT People is a staffing and recruiting company.
Job Title: Sr. Java Developer
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 1 Year
Interview: Phone and In-person interview.
Locals are highly Preferable
Only Green Card or US Citizen Needed
The Sr. Java Developer. The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in Java/J2EE, self-directing, and capable of incorporating new technologies into the application platform. Candidates with enterprise Java systems experience, and implementing solutions for an enterprise Java application are highly preferred.
You will be collocated with the client work from their location and taking technical direction from them for the project you will be working on.
• Candidate will perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment.
• Your activities will include designing, coding, and testing of systems using test driven development techniques.
• Collocated at Client site working close with their IT team and other JAVA developers.
(provide specific details around tools, client environment, certifications needed, etc. so you will receive resumes from viable candidates who have the skill set you are seeking)
• 10+ years of Java experience
• 5+ years of Spring MVC experience
• 5+ years of RDBMS, T-SQL and SQL Server 2008/2012 experience
• Test-driven development experience required
• Experience with EJB, JPA, SQL, XML, STS, JBoss, Eclipse, Maven, JUnit, Tortoise, Git, SharePoint 2010/2013, SQL Server Management Studio.
• Preferred candidate would have working knowledge of JMS, XSD, Selenium and Web layer technologies/frameworks (HTTP/1.1, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap)
• 5 years of experience with UML & design patterns
• 5 years of experience with REST and Service Oriented Architectures
• 3 years of Agile experience (full life cycle incremental and iterative development
• 2 years of enterprise integration patterns
• Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field. The ability to be properly assessed during the interview and selection process
• Extensive knowledge of Java software development and J2EE practices by converting business requirements into deployable capabilities
• Excellent individual contributor and team player
• Experience with developing applications with multiple service layers and multiple consuming services
• Experience with decomposing technical tasks and defining level of effort Strong verbal and written communication skills
The Sr. Java Developer will follow the direction of the Applications Technical Lead. Candidates with enterprise Java systems experience, and implementing solutions for an enterprise Java application and will be collocated with the client work from their location and taking technical direction from them for the project you will be working on..
Analyzes customer information requirements and product specifications to define technical content strategy and plan. Designs and develops written and/or visual product-related information hard copy, web - (e.g., user/configuration/troubleshooting guides), and online information (interactive demos, help systems) integrated into product, fora variety of audiences (end user, system administrators, internal support engineers, product developers, training developers). Codes, builds, compiles, and tests online information and/or sets-up, loads and tests systems hardware to create information deliverables and provide feedback on ease of use and user interfaces to product development. As customer advocate, helps define/refine product requirements. Develops standards and style documents and templates, scripts, style sheets, and script and graphic libraries to ensure common look and feel. Interfaces with cross-functional areas as a member of the product development team, such as marketing, test, support, and manufacturing.
Education and Experience: Typically a Masters or PHD degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science or related technical/communications field and a minimum of 15 plus years related experience or an Advanced University degree and a minimum of 6 years’ experience or equivalent. Knowledge of tools and technologies relevant throughout the division or across divisions. Represents company in professional associations, e.g., STC, ASM-SIGDOC, IEEE, technology standards committees such as Doc Book Standards Committee.