Cybersearch is a staffing and recruiting company.
US Citizen/ Green Card Required
The Scrum Master will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced application development environment. As the Scrum Master, you will be a critical member of the core delivery team empowered to help build high performing teams, build shippable product, and be responsible for leading Agile project coordination to support various upstream and downstream teams. The Scrum Master serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team, along with maintaining the product backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
• Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams. Serve as Scrum Master for 1 - 2 scrum teams
• Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Rally and MS-Project to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
• Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
• Serve as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
• Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
• Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation (if needed).
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (Daily Stand-up, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
• Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner.
• Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup, cumulative flow, velocity, etc.)
• Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
• Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
• Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
• Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
• Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
• Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)