Exatech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
"The Scrum Master is responsible for making sure a Scrum team lives by the values and practices of Scrum. The Scrum Master is often considered a coach for the team, helping the team do the best work it possibly can. The Scrum Master can also be thought of as a process owner for the team, creating a balance with the project"s key stakeholder, who is referred to as the product owner.
The Scrum Master does anything possible to help the team perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings, and doing things like working with the product owner to make sure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint. The Scrum Master role is commonly filled by a former project manager or a technical team leader but can be anyone.
Experienced Scrum Master capable of supporting growing numbers of teams:
• Requires full understanding of the processes, procedures and systems.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve efficiency of own as well as those other teams.
• Helps resolve complex problems. Is able to identify viable and often innovative options.
• High-performers may coach less experienced colleagues.
Owns a larger DEV practice & begins to influence outside of immediate team:
• Owns a product/backlog and 3-4 scrum teams.
• Actively mines for obstacles to smash.
• Contributes to Cisco agile community – e.g., mediation of Playbook.
• Provides low-level coaching.