GBIT Inc. is a staffing and recruiting company.
• Work with and understand components of a complex SOA-based system, developed with high quality Java code in a fast-paced Agile environment.
• Develop implementations in Java and a variety of open source technologies, frameworks and application servers.
• Develop unit test cases and integrate with the continuous build process to ensure quality and reliability.
• Quickly and confidently address defects.
• Welcome challenges and use your sharp problem solving skills to expertly surmount them.
• Working well with others in a strong team environment is critical, both with your immediate peers, as well as with client teams integrating with our components.
• Minimum of 6+ years of software development experience using Java, RESTful APIs, various persistence layers and types of databases, including relational and object or document stores.
• Master of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
• Strong bash skills and experience with various scripting tools/languages for managing code, builds, deployments such as Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Vagrant.
• Experience developing web services, RESTful APIs, scalable backend systems and SaaS solutions
• Basic understanding of various database solutions – SQL and no-SQL technologies.
• Strong understanding of scalability and performance issues and designs, resiliency patterns and experience supporting such solutions in a large scale production environment.
• Experience, comfort and passion developing within an Agile team. Enjoys an opportunity to be scrum master. Thrives in self organizing team.
• Ability to understand, develop and extend complex systems
• Familiarity with test automation tools such as JMeter and Selenium a plus.
• Experience with software testing strategies and unit and automated test development
• Passion for solving challenging problems
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Propensity to thrive in a strong team-oriented environment"