GBIT Inc. is a staffing and recruiting company.
"As a Senior Software QA Engineer for EPMP, you will be a key person in the creation of a world-class product that allows customers to efficiently manage Symantec products to protect their endpoints, network, and data, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies with hundreds of thousands of endpoints.
You will be a member of team of quality engineers working with architects and services developers to design and implement key components of the CI/CD/CT process to ensure that the core services are high performance, scalable and resilient. You will use your experience and skills with test and automation tools to design and development targeted testing of the common services to support their development and the development of application developers that utilize the platform and those that contribute back to the common services and data model. Success for you is a highly available, efficient and accurate automated system that ensures a near zero late discovery defect rate, fast turn-around on defect remediation and incident response.
• Work with and understand components of a complex SOA-based system, developed with high quality Java code in a fast-paced Agile environment.
• Provide 2nd tier support for live environments.
• Develop implementations in Java and a variety of open source technologies, tools, frameworks and application servers.
• Develop unit test cases and integrate with the continuous build process to ensure quality and reliability.
• Quickly and confidently address defects.
• Welcome challenges and use your sharp problem solving skills to expertly surmount them.
• Working well with others in a strong team environment is critical, both with your immediate peers, as well as with client teams integrating with our components.
• Minimum of 5 years of software development experience using Java, RESTful APIs, various persistence layers and type of databases, including both relational and object.
• Master of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
• Strong bash skills and experience with various scripting tools/languages such as Jenkins, Puppet, Vagrant, Ansible.
• Familiarity with test automation tools such as JMeter and Selenium a plus.
• Experience working within Cloud technologies and virtualized systems.
• Experience testing web services, RESTful APIs, scalable backend systems and SaaS solutions
• Basic understanding of various database solutions – SQL and no-SQL technologies.
• Ability to understand, troubleshoot and test distributed systems
• Experience with software testing strategies and unit and automated test development
• Passion for solving challenging problems
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Propensity to thrive in a strong team-oriented environment"