Precision Technologies Corp is a staffing and recruiting company.
"Role: Netezza DBA
Location: Columbia, MD
Duration: 6+ Months
Responsible for ensuring corporate information needs are met through quality database designs, techniques and practices. Provides technical guidance and leadership to the database administrators in the organization.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establishes and adheres to corporate standards for database design, change deployments, security, retention and disaster recovery.
• Leads and coordinates database deployments, reviews logical and physical design.
• Determines database requirements for projects and ensures that new systems comply with database strategies.
• Troubleshoots difficult database problems, including slow running queries.
• Work with appliance vendor to troubleshoot issues, perform upgrades, create and follow-up on support tickets as needed.
• Participate in after-hours on-call duties as requested.
• Translates detailed design into physical database structures and performs database testing.
• Ability to "own" issues from inception to resolution
• Conducts admin tasks including estimation, status reports and scope management.
• Requires BS/BA degree in computer science or information systems;
• 8 or more years of information systems experience including recent 5+ years industry experience as a Netezza DBA (or equivalent roles)
• Preferred but not required: Netezza (aka IBM PureData for Analytics) specialist certification
• Expert technical design and Netezza database administration knowledge required.
• Strategic thinking and ability to prioritize tasks to meet the business needs is required.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to support production DBA activities on the Netezza platform.
• Demonstrated leadership ability with superior communication skills; verbal, interpersonal and written.