Precision Technologies Corp is a staffing and recruiting company.
• Establishes and adheres to corporate standards for database design, change deployments, security, retention and disaster recovery.
• Leads and coordinates database deployments, reviews logical and physical design.
• Determines database requirements for projects and ensures that new systems comply with database strategies.
• Troubleshoots difficult database problems, including slow running queries.
• Work with appliance vendor to troubleshoot issues, perform upgrades, create and follow-up on support tickets as needed.
• Participate in after-hours on-call duties as requested.
• Translates detailed design into physical database structures and performs database testing.
• Ability to "own" issues from inception to resolution
• Conducts admin tasks including estimation, status reports and scope management.
• Requires BS/BA degree in computer science or information systems;
• 8 or more years of information systems experience including recent 5+ years industry experience as a Netezza DBA (or equivalent roles)
• Preferred but not required: Netezza (aka IBM PureData for Analytics) specialist certification."