HireIT People is a staffing and recruiting company.
"Position: IT Trainer + Technical Writer
Duration: 18 months
• Mon – Thurs: Washington DC, 2 blocks from the metro around L Street (Client site)
• Fri: Reston, VA (Appian office). This project with USAC is implemented through Appian Corporation. Persistent Systems is one of the leading professional services partner for Appian.
Description : The Trainer is planned to train at 75% and do technical writing at 25% during the course of the 18 month project. All technical writer duties should able to be performed by the trainer.
Excellent English and communications skills. Full proficiency in English is needed, spoken as well as written if we have a trainer that will also do tech writing.
This would be training on the Appian application built, not the core Appian product.
• Develop application training artifacts, courses, and instruction plans for application training.
• Conduct training for client application trainers and provide courseware so they can conduct their own courses, i.e. a “train the trainer” approach.
• Coordinate with customer service and outreach to provide supporting artifacts such as screen and video captures and instructions for client community users.
• Support client in developing roadshow presentations that will include screen and video captures as well as other presentation materials
• Support training users engaged in User Acceptance Testing with application updates that are about to be tested
Trainer skills and experience:
• Demonstrated skills in courseware development for applications
• Experience conducting application training, development of training artifacts
• Training skills and experience must be related to software and computer applications
• Excellent English and communications skills are required
• Demonstrate organizational skills with experience working directly with new users of applications
• Proficient in MS Word, MS Powerpoint, and use of web-based applications
• The documentation will describe the system applications and technology
• The content knowledge will be provided by the applications development team
• Excellent and demonstrated English and written communications capabilities
• Proficient in MS Word and use of web-based applications
• Some graphic illustrations may require use of MS PowerPoint and Visio"