HireIT People is a staffing and recruiting company.
The Project Manager will play a pivotal role in a Cyber Security Program that will improve and extend the State of Michigan’s security capabilities. Primary responsibilities include leading multiple projects from planning to implementation as well as the transition to an operational state. The Project Manager will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of the project following the State of Michigan’s standard methodology. The candidate is required to produce formal status reports and represent the project status to various stakeholders including project sponsors, PMO, and leadership. The Project Manager will work closely with the IT department’s security team, security consultants, peer project managers and other relevant stakeholders to accomplish these activities. The Project Manager will report to the Cyber Security Program Manager. The Project Manager will be the key resource managing both tactical activities as well as formal project initiatives following the standard project delivery methodology. The ideal candidate must be a quick start, must be resourceful in delivering project scope, and able to operate in a large, complex, and challenging IT environment. In addition, the candidate must be able to manage ambiguous, complex, high visibility initiatives that are outside of the IT domain. Said differently, not all projects will be IT projects and the ability to operate in a variety of coordination and management domains. The candidate will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate must be passionate about the project management profession and the associated disciplines (i.e. career objectives are Project Management). The Project Manager will lead teams, advise team members, resolve conflicts and enable team members to accomplish their responsibilities by removing road blocks and addressing issues. This candidate will be expected to operate with limited direction and without clear requirements and objectives and have the resourcefulness to be successful in delivering. Job Responsibilities Responsible for both IT projects and non-IT projects as the need requires.
• Responsible for the entire project life cycle using the State of Michigan’s SUITE methodology
• Manage the various project areas through the State of Michigan’s Change Point Project Management system
• Identification and publication of Issues along with resolution plans and tracking
• Identification and publication of Risks along with mitigation plans and tracking
• Effort estimation
• Hours Tracking
• Development of project plans
• Development of deployment plans
• Stakeholder communications
• Coordination with impacted departments Coordination with 3rd parties outside of the State of Michigan (vendors, partners, etc.)
• Hold progress review sessions with the project team(s)
• Create status reports (4-Up Reports) on a weekly basis
• Manage the project budget or budgets
• Procure products and services as needed to deliver the project scope
• Overall project monitoring and control discipline
• Manage cross functional teams of employees, contractors and vendors/consultants
System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Excellent written and verbal communication skills Presentation skills Estimation Techniques Project Plan Development Project Monitoring & Control IT Financial Management/Budget Creation of Status Reports Project Management Tool Suite MS Project MS Excel MS Powerpoint Leadership Client Management Results oriented Must be able to take the lead on a project or projects with little day to day direction
NIST or other Security Frameworks Change Point or equivalent enterprise Project Management Suite Networking/Telecom background
Minimum 10 years experience as Project and/or Program Manager Minimum 5 – 7 years as a Project Manager in Information Technology Experience in working within large, complex, challenging organizations Highly skilled in MS Project Must be very organized and create a structured working environment Familiar with IT governance and framework disciplines Excellent written and verbal communication skills Ability to effectively work with employee and contract/consultants Skilled with Microsoft products, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint Able to work on multiple workstreams and projects in parallel
Experience in Project Management outside of the typical IT domain Experience in security is preferred Experience with security frameworks or equivalent Remediation projects or requirements PMP certified is preferred
Bachelor Degree, preferably in IT, Engineering, Mathematics, Business"