Hire IT People is a staffing and recruiting company.
"Job Title: Mainframe Analyst - ITS3
Primary Skills: Cobol, JCL, DB2, Z/OS, SQL.
Location: Baltimore, MD ( Woodlawn section of Baltimore county.)
Interview: Phone first/Skype or may require face to face.
Duration: Long Term
******************** 11+ years of work experience required *********************
This work effort involves providing COBOL and JCL analysis to support legacy data migration into Mainframe DB2 databases running on Z/OS. The resource will be responsible for analysis conforming to customer standards and requirements and will be involved in the unit testing and validation against desired outcomes. The resource is expected to function as part of a team which includes customers and must demonstrate sufficient communication skills to ensure success.
- Prior experience in mainframe COBOL and JCL application analysis in a Z/OS environment accessing DB2 databases.
- Experience reading COBOL, JCL and SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to document complex technical solutions and have legacy conversion project experience.
- Ability to independently research problems and provide solutions.
- General IDMS knowledge (Highly Desired).
- General assembler knowledge (Highly Desired).
- General CICS knowledge (Highly Desired).
- General XPEDITER knowledge.
- General DB2 load and unload utilities knowledge.
- General Endevor knowledge.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equilvalent experience with 11 years of professional experience."