Exatech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
The CM and Infrastructure team responsible for the configuration management activities to support application releases across multiple projects is seeking a Senior CM engineer who can help and assist in the day-to-day CM activities and requests. This includes planning, executing software builds and deployments, work closely with developers and testers to set up environment configurations in different development settings, including agile. The candidate will also be responsible for the implementation of best TFS continuous builds and CM best practices.
The candidate is also expected to monitor adherence to development methodologies, tools, and ensure effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other groups. Proactively raise issues to Team Leader when necessary.
Candidate will be also responsible for ensuring the quality of various application deliverables in accordance with the project timeline and milestones.
• BS Degree at minimum, Certifications in Configuration/Release management preferred.
• SCM profile with TFS experience is must.
• 10+ years Information Technology experience.
• 7+ years of industry experience in Configuration Management and Release Engineering.
• Proven track record of leading and being responsible for Configuration Management processes.
• Experience in development, project coordination, scheduling and delivery in diverse environments, under control of standards such as SEI CMM, ISO etc.
• Experience with ALM - Microsoft Team Foundation Server, minimum 3+ years, that covers defect tracking, source code control, requirement management and build automation.
• Experience with Workflow - Microsoft Workflow, minimum 2+ years and Scripting experience with PowerShell, minimum 2+ years.
• Strong build/release experience including automation of regular Continuous/periodic builds.
• Expert in automating Configuration Management, Build Management and Release Engineering processes.
• Has a broad base of knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles.
• Self-motivated to identify and correct operational issues without guidance from management.
• Ability to lead technology related projects without guidance, ensuring operational excellence and proactive communication.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, plus people and interpersonal skill.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Experience in Microsoft Azure is a plus.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience with .NET 4.x and C# development.
• Visual Studio 2010/2013.
• TFS SME (TFS 2015 preferred).
• ALM Process/workflow design using TFS.
• IIS experience and familiarity ( IIS 7.5 and 8.x must have).
• Proficient in the branching models and code merging in TFS.
• Automate build and release tooling in TFS.
• Automate infrastructure and application deployment.
• Oversee and coordinate the release management process.
• Develop and maintain application installation packages.
• Develop, manage, and maintain continuous integration environment (CI).
• Evaluate and recommend new Microsoft technologies and products to improve service delivery.
• Help create requirements and designs for Configuration Management/Release Engineering systems, and implement CM/Release Engineering improvement plans.
• Write and develop automation tools and documentation to enhance integration between cross-functional teams.
• Support engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to application teams.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with peers, management, external vendors, and other interested parties to meet business goals.