GBIT Inc. is a staffing and recruiting company.
• The ServiceNow Developer is considered the technology subject matter expert responsible for the analysis, design, engineering, development and implementation of software projects within the ServiceNow enterprise application suite.
• This role is responsible for the development of core functionality, existing ITSM applications, creation of new applications and understanding the various system integration needs.
• This is achieved by collaborating with key stakeholder teams to analyze and understand requirements, then transforming the requirements into a valid solution.
• The ideal candidate will provide technical leadership and training, perform peer code reviews and ensure the ServiceNow team follows development best-practices.
• Analyze, design, write program code, test, document, and implement functionally appropriately, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards.
• Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
• Support the organization’s project management policy, practice, and methodology.
• Provide timely and accurate progress information to project status reports.
• Analyze and resolve problems of simple to medium complexity.
• Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
• Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
Systems Development Engineering:
• Responsible for overall Service Now code quality, administration, platform development, module development and execute using company AGILE practices
• Responsible for reviewing requirements to ensure that they are provided in sufficient detail to be accurately estimated
• Attends regularly scheduled meetings to identify any tasks or user stories that are at risk and provides support as needed
• Work with multiple levels of staff and leadership to understand the requirements and how they might impact cross-functional process teams
• Work with management and key stakeholders to design testing strategies for Development, QA and User Acceptance Testing
• Design and develop solutions within the Service Now environment to include modifications of applications, forms, workflow, interfaces and any other customization required to support ITIL processes
• Analyze and design programs for simple to medium complexity business problems according to user specifications and assist in developing detail program specifications.
• Comply with project management methodology requirements as appropriate.
• Participate in system and acceptance testing.
• Test and implement system components using techniques that preserve system integrity.
• Responsible for immediate response to production program problems.
• Participate in fiscal management and cost estimate development.
Qualifications and Requirements Education:
• BS / BA, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, and / or equivalent formal training or work experience.
• Experience in Information Technology or business environment.
• Learning; participates and assists.
• Completes tasks under direction.
• Tasks are assigned and consequences of error carry small risk to the organization.
• HTML 4-5, Boot Strap and CSS experience is highly desired
• Service Now Certified Application Developer and/or Admin highly desired
• Basic knowledge of software development, practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
• Basic knowledge of at least one required programming language.
• Basic knowledge of technical / business environment.
• ITIL Foundations Certification Highly Desired
• Prior exposure to Service Now is required, currently on Eureka, going to Geneva Q1 2016
• Demonstrates programming aptitude and ability for logical and abstract thinking.
• Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills so as to interact effectively with business Customers and technology development and support groups.
• Ability, within a specific technology area and under direction, complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement small development projects or components of large projects.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems of simple-medium complexity.
• Ability to manage projects using the organization’s project management methodology.
• Ability to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
Customer / Business Orientation:
• Focus on internal and external Customer requirements.
• Develop understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s).