Exatech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
• Develop a test approach that leads to effective testing with optimal test coverage.
• Work with peers in cross-functional team as an agile tester to plan and prioritize testing, making appropriate compromises to ensure high quality and timely delivery.
• Performs hands-on manual functional and automated testing, tests for accuracy and integrity in the ETL (transfer) of new data from new data sources into a data warehouse.
• Participates in a cross-functional team as an agile tester, including participating in user reviews, grooming/refinement, planning, and retrospectives.
• Inspects, decomposes, and challenges user stories (business and functional requirements), asking useful questions to drive toward clarity, resulting in an sound test approach.
• Ensures a constant and accurate flow of information to the project on the progress of testing, issues, risks, and the state of the product.
• Assists programmer analysts in reproducing and troubleshooting issues identified in testing.
• Writes and maintains test assets such as test plans, test cases, test scripts, test data, test results, and test tools in a suitable state for quick reuse.
• Provides estimates for test activities to requestors.
• Actively pursues and develops automated tests where appropriate to provide periodic, repeatable coverage and reduce regression testing expense.
• Serves as a go-to test resource for fellow testers with regards to ETL testing.
• Consider testability when reviewing the designs which result in more testable features and better test coverage.
The test analyst performs the testing function within a cross-functional DW/BI delivery team including ETL, enterprise report, and dashboard testing. The TA will deliver both manual and automated test solution to ensure the delivery of high quality EDW/BI solutions.
Overview of Project Work Scope:
EBI is looking for talented data / ETL testers to join our cross functional agile, data warehousing and business intelligence product delivery team. The product delivery teams deliver business intelligence solutions at the enterprise level within finance, supply chain, marketing and merchandising, retail operations and pharmacy subject areas.
Top 3-5 Required Skills:
• Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and processes.
• Strong experience with database technologies such as Oracle, SQL, Teradata, including queries and data verification.
• Agile mindset believes in working iteratively (no big design documents upfront), collaborative, uses risk based testing, embraces change. Professional working knowledge of Agile Software development methodologies is a plus.
• Strong experience with testing ETL jobs and processes.
• Solid experience with testing Business Intelligence data warehouse structures (facts, dimensions).
Additional Required Skills:
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team that does not utilize heavy documentation.
• Solid experience with effectively leveraging tools such as Microsoft Test Manager, Telerik Test Studio, HP Quality Center/ALM Suite, QTP, LoadRunner, VersionOne.
• Retail and/or pharmacy business domain knowledge is a strong plus.
• Advanced SQL experience, including database structure and normalization, is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of programming/scripting languages and/or test automation is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of testing Business Intelligence tools such as OBIEE or MicroStrategy is a plus.