Exatech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
Special Skills and/or Requirements
• The PostgreSQL DBA will be responsible for the design, deployment and management of PostgreSQL database environments and servers.
• The right candidate will have skills to design the PostgreSQL for high availability, zero downtime production systems, and review the SQL queries for code and performance tuning. Setup and configure the database / schemas /Roles for data protection and security rules to certify any audit requirement.
• Performs all PostgreSQL Database Administration related activities for major ETS projects independently with minimal supervision.
• Works with the application development teams and guides them with best coding practices. Assist developers with code review and design and help troubleshoot code issues.
• Strong capability and ability to resolve highly technical and complex database and infrastructure Related issues on their own before they impact production and ETS business.
• Provides technical expertise to the development of solutions for such items as DBMS tools and utilities usage, database administration, backup and recovery, database performance tuning and monitoring.
• Ability to influence development organizations to comply with database best practices and ETS database standards and practices.
• Lead the installation and maintenance of Production PostgreSQL Database in a clustered highly available architecture
• Develop and enhance scripts to Monitor, automate and execute various DBA tasks
• Assess the DB performance and lead the effort to patch, upgrade and/or tune the DB for optimum performance
• Patch, Upgrade and keep the PostgreSQL DBs current
• Review SQL scripts and DB transactions developed by software engineers and assist in improving the efficiency of the code for best possible DB performance
• Assist in the design of appropriate DB Schema and indexing strategy for performance and scalability
• Willing to participate and provide 24x7 On-Call Rotation support.
• Postgres Replication and data encryption.
Skills and Experience:
• 5+ Years as a PostgreSQL Database Administrator in 9.x with Postgres Advanced Server using Enterprise Manager and SQL analyzer PostgreSQL Database Administration in a large/challenging database environment on Red Hat Linux platform.
• Experience supporting internet/web based database applications with heavy concurrent user volume.
• PostgreSQL DBA experience in a 24x7 production environment DB Patching and Upgrade skills in production environment (PostgreSQL 9.x preferred)
• Experience in alternative technology (SQL Server, Oracle) is a big Plus.