Cybersearch is a staffing and recruiting company.
Please send candidates with resume, rate, contact information for the position below at email@example.com
Looking forward to hear from you!
Description: Network Engineer
Overland Park, KS
CISCO MERAKI EXPERIENCE HUGE PLUS
Cisco CCNA/CCDA or CCNP/CCDP, HPN, or Meraki certifications - REQUIRED
Cisco Meraki experience is required
Applies Network WAN, LAN, and Wireless technical knowledge to solve complex business requirements and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Uses consulting skills including, but not limited to: interviewing clients to understand business needs, developing technical solutions, and working with multiple teams to accomplish project deliverables. Capable of consulting, designing, testing, implementing, managing capability requirements into a new or existing infrastructure using company methodology
• Responsible for client/account interactions as required
• Responsible for producing part or all of the technical solution for the account/client, in accordance with an agreed technical design
• Responsible to make sure that the project deliverable is completed accurately and on time
• Responsible for escalating issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution
• Responsible for communication with the Lead Engineer and account/client
• Responsible for the engineering of end to end solutions as required
• Responsible for keeping abreast of new/emerging technology
• Responsible for design, development, implementation using the Global Engineering specifications, methodology and practical application of ITIL practices and processes
• Responsible for documenting project requirements, risks, design, test plans, deployment procedures and operation/support procedures following the Global Engineering Quality Management Process (GE QMS) standards?
• Responsible for providing third level production support for client/account escalations and/or system outages
• A minimum of 5 experience as a network engineer
• A broad skill set across networking technologies is preferred along with ability to manage multiple projects.
• Develops and maintains relationships with project stakeholders including team members, peers, managers, customers, vendors, and other affected departments to support efforts across multiple business units.
• This position requires high level of knowledge of HPN switches and routers, Cisco switches, routers, and wireless devices, and Meraki wireless. Experience in troubleshooting layer 2 and 3 routing, switching, and wireless issues, and an understanding of application protocols.
• Candidate should maintain Cisco CCNA/CCDA or CCNP/CCDP, HPN, or Meraki certifications
• The candidate must follow all company’s change control processes and work within the operating guidelines of domestic associates. The candidate must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design. Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Understands a broad spectrum of HP technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
• Often leads small to medium technical projects. Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives. Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate.
• Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment. Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
• Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement.
• Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment.
• Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value. Demonstrates execution of the HP strategy.
• Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learning’s are documented and shared. Role models Focuses on single customer. Solves diverse and complex. May lead a project team.
• Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to work with the requestor to understand and define technical requirements, convert those requirements into an engineering package, participate in technical peer reviews, complete both project and technical documentation requirements, and follow thru to implementation and customer sign-off.
• Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise. Has led small team in delivery of a specific deliverable.
• Has mastered at least one technical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas. Possesses advanced level of business, technical, or functional knowledge.
• Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products. Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
• Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence. Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
• Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
• Owns and produces customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
• Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
• Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
• Meraki support and deployment experience.