HireIT People is a staffing and recruiting company.
"Job Title: DBA for Data Migration
Location: Lansing, MI
Interview: In-person Mandatory
This position is for two (2) Data Migration DBA's to work on Driver and Vehicle Applications. Express SOS is a public facing web application used by the public to primarily renew registrations and driver licenses and a thick client application used by motor vehicle clerks and the Department of State to register and title motor vehicles, obtain driver license and personal identification cards, register voters, and manage approximately 20 million vehicles and 8 million driver and identification card holders.
The Data Migration DBA's will be responsible for architecting a synchronization solution between SQL Server and DMSII. This position, under State direction, will complete the following tasks:
• Develop data migration scripts to load system with data from various data sources
• Develop plans and steps needed to execute data migration processes.
• Work with users to determine data migration mappings
• Create data migration execution documentation so it is a repeatable process.
• Execute data migration test and production scripts
• Monitor the performance of data migration software, updates/maintains as needed.
• Create documentation and training materials for data migration staff.
• Develop and document all data migration components of system.
Developing SQL scripts, Database analysis and design, performing large data migrations and documenting SQL scripts and processes. Experience architecting enterprise data migration solutions where databases involved are SQL Server and DMSII, writing and updating stored procedures using a SQL Server database management system, designing and analyzing databases, updating models using the ERWIN modeling tool and performing large enterprise data migrations.
10 years’ experience writing stored procedures.
5 years’ experience with SSIS (Microsoft's data migration tool)
4 years’ experience with programming in Visual Studio (C++ or Visual Basic)
5 years’ experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
Education Required :
A Bachelor's degree or higher with not less than 21 semester (32 term) hours in computer science, data processing, computer information systems, data communications, networking, systems analysis, computer programming, or mathematics."