Cybersearch is a staffing and recruiting company.
Description:Windows/VMware Solution Architect
Seeking a candidate for the planning and execution of a Windows/Vmware migration. The project will consist of discovery of inventory, assessment - mapping scheduling, and implementation.
• In-depth technical knowledge of Windows, UNIX and Linux Server operating systems, especially directory services such as Active Directory, domain/forest design and implementation, authentication, authorization, and identity management and related security frameworks, clustering technologies and related best practices.
• In-depth knowledge of unified storage systems and protocols, especially SAN/NAS, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FCP, NDMP, etc. and the optimal deployment of these systems and protocols, including storage tiering, caching, de-duplication, compression, thin provisioning, cloning, replication and backup technologies and related software and hardware monitoring solutions, as well as best practice deployment and operations for very high availability and recoverability and solid data protection.
• Through knowledge of Veritas NetBackup in a multi-master, multi domain and multiple operating systems environment.
• Thorough knowledge and deep understanding of server, storage, and network virtualization technologies and infrastructures, such as VMware, NetApp FAS, and Cisco Nexus, including related monitoring and management systems.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of secure computing infrastructure design and operation, authentication protocols, public key infrastructure systems and data encryption technologies.
• Practical knowledge of and experience with data center infrastructure (especially security, power and environmental aspects) requirements, specifications, standards, trends and best practices.
• Good general understanding of network technologies and concepts, including Ethernet and TCP/IP, layer-2/3 switching and routing, access, distribution, and core/backbone network layers.
• Proven skills in system integration as well as solid knowledge of major LAN-based services, including e-mail, file sharing, communication protocols, and authentication technologies.
• Working knowledge of packaging processes and systems for software installations using Footprints, PowerShell or VBScript.
• Working knowledge of Operating System patching
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Working knowledge of Exchange 2013
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows automated build processes for purposes of SCCM image deployment (OSD)
• Working knowledge of UNIX and Linux patching processes and tools
• Working knowledge of VMware
• Working knowledge of NetBackup
• Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools, with a concentration on Excel for analytics
• Basic programing or scripting via PowerShell/VBScript/.NET
• Experience with the design, deployment, and operations of virtual server infrastructure products and the Windows Server operating system and related applications, such as Active Directory.
• Practical experience in producing functional specifications and formulating solutions to meet user requirements.
• Practical experience in system, installation, configuration, and integration of diverse systems, as well as in trouble shooting and problem resolution.
• Practical experience in managing large, IT infrastructure projects such as data center migration/consolidation, unified storage deployment (SAN/NAS), virtualization technologies, network technology/topology changes, and server refresh.
• Practical experience with IT service quality standard processes and service delivery such as ITIL.