Hire IT People is a staffing and recruiting company.
Client: DC Government
Job Title: #445342 – System Administrator.
Primary Skills: design, build, maintain critical systems, SQL Server, imaging, SAN, NAS.
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: Long term
Position Type: Contract
INTERVIEW: Must do a face to face interview.
The Systems Administrator will take a lead role in the design, build and maintenance of current critical systems (primarily Windows) and network infrastructure as well as take a lead role in suggesting changes or improvements to IT technology, policies, and procedures relating to applications and systems deployment. The Systems Administrator will assist in supporting the organization’s users including workstation, server and peripheral environments as required. These duties may include loading of software, imaging and general help desk troubleshooting. Other duties as assigned.
The candidate must work effectively in a team as well as independently. Must be able to learn quickly and work well under pressure. Must have excellent verbal and writing skills.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating:
• Overall IT Support Experience - Required 7 Years 3 - Expert
• Server/Systems Administration - Required 5 Years 3 - - Expert
• Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server - Highly desired 3 Years 2 - Proficient
• Experience with imaging using GHOST or similar technologies - Required 4 Years 3 - Expert
• Administration of a SAN or NAS environment - Highly desired 3 Years 2 - Proficient
• Support of Windows 2008 and 2012 Servers - Required 4 Years 3 - Expert
• User desktop/peripheral and printer support - Required 5 Years 3 - Expert
• DC Government IT experience - Highly desired 2 Years 2 - Proficient
• Maintenance of Active Directory - Highly desired 3 Years 2 - Proficient
• Experience with Scripting languages - Highly desired 3 Years 2 - Proficient
• One of the following server certifications: MCSA or MCSE - Required 4 Years 3 - Expert