Exatech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
Interview: Tele + In person
GC OR CITIZENS ONLY!!!
The QA Engineer works with Developers, Product Managers, Project Managers and others to help ensure high quality and timely delivery on multiple implementation projects of varying sizes and complexities. The QA Engineer plans to create and executes manual and automated testing throughout the development cycle and during periodic releases. Throughout the project, the QA Engineer communicates frequently with team members regarding quality status, and helps to resolve project problems and issues to ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To participate in the testing of the systems development lifecycle.
• Develop, maintain, document and execute test approach, plans and cases including operational activities such as running batches for System Test and UAT. This will include both manual testing and the use of automated test tools.
• Create Test Design documentation to ensure software meets the requirements.
• Document test cases from test design.
• Analyze impact of change on the testing schedule.
• Design and create test data.
• Execute test cases, logging defects by creating detailed incident reports.
• Create test summary reports to document the status of testing.
• Test new functionality and ensure that any bugs are fixed.
• Work closely with the Business Analysts and Developers to understand fully the functional and business requirements of the software under test.
• Input and validate estimates for testing work.
• Prepare test documentation.
• Identify faults and errors and report to developers.
• Ensure that all work products are adequately reviewed.
• Utilize various testing tools as appropriate, in order to automate the execution of test cases.
• Write and track Bug Reports as problems are found and corrected.
• Participate in periodic release activities.
• Work with Engineering team to brainstorm and test new ideas.
• Investigate and assess emerging web and software technologies.
• To be the first point of contact on support issues/queries raised by both our internal and external customers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience in testing database applications using SQL Server.
• HTML, Java script, C#, API , NUnit, Web Services.
• Experience in testing Web applications.
• Experience in testing mobile application a plus.
• 2-4 years of Testing experience.
• 1 years in a Automation experience.
• IT Background.
• Bachelor’s Degree desired.
• Test Management experience including test planning, test methodologies, regression testing and the key metrics used during test execution and fault tracking tools.
• Experience in writing system test cases.
• Hands-on experience in executing system testing.
• Agile experience/knowledge desirable.
• Strong Time Management skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Effective liaising and team-working skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.