Exatech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
As a successful Senior Hadoop Administrator, you will build and enhance the tooling needed to deploy and operate Hadoop clusters at scale, across multiple data centers and cloud providers. You will build tooling to maintain the health and operations of our data infrastructure. You will have a constant focus on customer facing service availability, and design systems that are resilient to failure within heavy growth. You will work
across engineering, development and release management teams to enhance system operability.
• Design and implement scalable data platforms for our customer facing services.
• Deploy and scale Hadoop infrastructure.
• Hadoop / HDFS maintenance and operations.
• Data cluster monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Hadoop capacity planning.
• Manage and review data backups / restores.
• Big Data Environment tuning.
• OS integration and application installation.
• Participate in the complete project life-cycle.
• Cluster and application problem resolution for restoring service.
• Drive operational enhancements back to the product organization.
• Create runbooks for L1 Operations.
• Strong Linux and Bash skills.
• 5+ years managing clustered services, distributed systems, production data stores.
• 1+ years experience administering and operating Hadoop clusters.
• 5+ years experience installing, configuring Linux based systems.
• Expertise managing Hadoop and its ecosystem ¬Hive, Pig, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Oozie, Sqoop, Flume, Zookeeper, etc.
• Hadoop cluster management and capacity planning experience (Other distributions experience is a plus).
• Comfortable working in cross-functional teams with diverse and global cultures.
• Setting up Linux users
• Testing HDFS
• Hive, Pig and MapReduce