Ambrosia Infotech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
Title: BI Architect
Cargill is looking to fill a contract BI Architect to augment its existing team of architects. The existing team is fully consumed and this role would address some stacked up project demand.
The manager is only open to local candidates. Start date is ASAP and estimated assignment at 6 months. In person interviews will be conducted.
The BI Architect is responsible for definition and execution of the solution architecture for BI projects. Architects execute project architecture reviews to ensure alignment with Cargill’s target BI architecture and ensure
development standards and guidelines are followed.
The BI Architect will provide support to the Lead BI Architect and Enterprise Architects in development and maintenance of reference and target BI architectures for Cargill.
75% - BI Project Solutioning and Delivery
• This role is responsible for the design and delivery of the technical architecture of a BI solution in addition to the overall solution architecture for that project.
• Ensure that the project solution architectures align with the enterprise BI target architecture positions and patterns
• Ensure alignment to established documentation standards and design patterns
• Participates in performing current state assessments and creation of BI Roadmaps for key stakeholders
• Involvement in complex, high risk, high visibility projects or new technology enablements
10% - BI Enterprise Architecture Alignment
• Provides support in definition and maintenance of BI technology positions, patterns and principles, reference architectures, target architecture, and standards.
• Participates in the BI Sub Domain meetings
10% - Architecture Reviews
• This role will be responsible for the coordination and execution of architecture reviews
• Architecture reviews ensure alignment to the target architecture as well as to understand and determine approval for variations
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of standards, naming conventions, best practices for BI solutions
5% - Project Estimation
• Participates in creation of high-level estimates for prospective BI solutions typically as part of the Cargill IT Demand Management process.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of Business Intelligence architecture, development and/or management experience
• Experience working in a fast paced and challenging environment, with multiple complex projects going on at one time
• Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
• Experience performing design and development reviews
• Demonstrated ability to use an existing IT Framework tool for application development
• Demonstrated ability to define architectural concepts and standards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in data modeling concepts
• Business fluency in English
• Experience with SAP BW, SAP HANA, Oracle and SQL Server database platforms
• Experience with SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform and tools
• Experience with Tableau
• Experience with Microsoft PowerBI