info-ways is a staffing and recruiting company.
- Good hands on Experience in AVAMAR & Data Domain.
- Strong Knowledge of EMC Avamar & Data Domain concepts
- Should understand the EMC Avamar & Data Domain process flow & error codes
- AVAMAR server/Client and Administrator console installation.
- Server/Client installation on different platforms (Unix/Windows/Linux). Knowledge in managing Domains, Clients, Users through AVAMAR Administrator console
- Create and Manage Dataset, Schedule and Retention Policy. Monitoring AVAMAR backups and recovering failed backups.
- Analyze Problems & escalate to appropriate Levels. Hardware /software fault detection and vendor coordination
and Operating system related issue
- Good knowledge on DR and restoring backups based on requirement. Configuring Events, Notifications.
- Generating different kind of backup reports and sending to customer.
- Should have Strong Knowledge about NDMP backups
- Configuring/Managing VMware backups
- Configure and manage application database backup (SQL, Oracle, SAP etc.)
- Data Domain management from Avamar administrator console
- Exclusion and inclusion lists
- Avamar to Avamar replication configuration/management - Data Domain to Data Domain replication configuration/management
- Checkpoint verification
- Avamar client manager
- Data Domin Administration
- DD boost knowledge
- AVAMAR server & client migration concepts
- Responsible for capacity planning and performance analysis of backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Should have Strong Knowledge De-duplication & VTL’s Backup performance monitoring & optimization Capacity utilization (1.) Incident Management + Change Management (Planning & Execution)
- On - call Escalation
- Process adherence & Security compliance
- KB preparation and review, Knowledge sharing & documentation
- Root cause analysis / Problem Management + Capacity / Architectural Management
- Knowledge of DPA
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good documentation skills
- Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio)
- Should have a great customer handling skills
- Able to handle unforeseen situations
- High level of acceptance
- Can drive HCL’s value and its methodology
Other Skills / Experience
- Worked on Production systems
- Datacenter understanding
- Global exposure in large environments would be preferred.
- Onsite transition experience would be an added advantage.
- Must be an expert in base OS and atleast one/some of the following with basic knowledge/awareness of some of the others:
- Active Directory
- File and Print Services
- Windows Clustering