Exatech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
- 5+ years of solid Cassandra DBA experience in managing critical 24/7 applications
- Setup Nodes, Work on foundations, data models, etc
- Implement a Cassandra Database in an enterprise, Design and Support data migration.
- Apache Cassandra database administration on a multi-datacenter cluster. Must have hands-on experience in setting up Cassandra cluster.
- Must have experience in monitoring, performance tuning and managing Cassandra cluster.
- Strong understanding of complex inner workings of Cassandra, such as the gossip protocol, hinted handoffs, read repairs, Merkle trees and Staged Event-Driven Architecture (SEDA).
- In depth knowledge of architecting and creating Cassandra/no SQL database systems.
- Knowledge experience with other NoSQL (MongoDB) and RDBMS database technologies is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs physical database administration (dba) tasks in Cassandra.
* Designs and builds simple to complex database structures from data models.
* Installs, configures and patches Cassandra.
* Provide 24x7 on-call support for CLIENT’s Cassandra environments as necessary.
* Work closely with application development teams to design, implement and support databases to support applications.
* Participates in design reviews as required to ensure database design meets application requirements.
* Designs, maintains, documents and executes database utilities to provide information regarding database activity.
* Proactively performs database monitoring and performance tuning tasks.
* Identify and provide innovative solutions to performance issues in multiple database environments.
* Performs basic dba tasks in RDBMS platforms such as SQL Server and Oracle environments as necessary.
* Provides automation to standard dba tasks. Able to develop scripts on UNIX and Windows platforms as necessary.
* Reviews and enforces adherence to the CLIENT Architecture, as well as database design and usage standards.