Exatech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
• Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining enterprise storage arrays (SAN/NAS) and requisite components in support of business processing requirements.
• Determines system needs and recommends technologies to meet overall corporate and business unit requirements.
• Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
• Monitors performance and disk space utilization.
• Is able to function independently with minimal oversight and direction.
• May instruct and guide lower level technical professionals.
• Assignments are broad in nature and complex in scope.
• Generally requires 5 to 8 years of professional experience directly related to all aspects of the primary product, program or technology.
• Fully competent professional.
This position will entail the following responsibilities:
• Provide senior engineering leadership on all design and standards issues including analysis, development, implementation, as well as training and mentoring of technologies across the teams.
• Evaluate, test, develop, and implement complex technical solutions to address a variety of business problems. This includes hardware, software, configurations standards, and creating solutions with specific focus on driving business value.
• Develop written procedures, engineering drawings, and other technical documentation.
• Coordinate and direct preventative maintenance of major systems components.
• Participate and lead the installation and/or changes of systems in accordance with change management practices.
• Provide coverage for other team members as needed to ensure consistent operations and customer support.
• Analyze technology specifications and requirements to determine if the technology is compatible with our current standards and utilizes the most efficient processes.
• Communicate to the general organization on the support efforts of project related items.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
• Follow standard change management and configuration policies.
• Tasks are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined, requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
• Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation.
• Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
• This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
• The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
• To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others.
• Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently.
• Ensure IT adherence to service level agreements regarding infrastructure performance, limitations, and availability.
• Provide Level-3 support and trouble-shooting to resolve issues impacting infrastructure & application operations.
• Analyze infrastructure systems performance, collect information, and prepare summary reports.
Job Required Education/Experience:
Expert level knowledge with two or more of the following:
• HDS SAN storage arrays including AMS and VSP
• EMC SAN storage arrays including VNX and VMAX. XtremIO experience preferred.
• Network Appliance 3xxx and 8xxx series NAS filers and associated concepts (e.g. vfilers). On Command and clustering preferred.
o Overall, at least 8 years experience in designing, installing, and supporting SAN/NAS arrays, and associated functions (e.g. zoning switches).
o Extensive experience with infrastructure and storage theories, principles and concepts.
o ITIL or other best practice methodology preferred.
o Familiarity with DR and high-availability architectures.
o Strong experience in the design of enterprise, high-volume, secure systems and data center strategies.
o Four-year degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
o Applicable professional certifications preferred (e.g. HCS, HCE, NCDA, NCIE, EMCSA).