sarian.co is a staffing and recruiting company.
Jr Project Manager
Essential Job Functions:
• Develops, maintains, and continuously improves, a standard project management process utilizing best practices and supported by Portfolio Project Management PPM tools and measures.
• Performs project audits to ensure adherence to the PM process.
• Reviews project plans developed by project manager staff
Provides work direction and leadership to assigned programs, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of individual project efforts
• .Provides executive-level project/program & portfolio updates to the Business IT Steering Committee (BITSC).
• Monitors program milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule and identifies ways to bring project in-control.
• Assesses variances from the program and project plans, analyzes metrics, and develops & implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope, time, cost and quality objectives.
• Assists other project managers in the recovery of struggling projects.
• Directly manage “critical” projects as determined by management.
• Prioritize efforts for programs the will be broken down into multiple projects.
Determines staffing requirements and forms project teams. On occasion, obtains financial, physical or human resources to support long-term projects and programs.
• Mentors and coaches project managers and subordinates, especially in planning, costing, and risk assessment.
• Prepares training plans based on individual or group needs.
• Provides team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project or overall work performance.
• Works with development team to integrate areas of improvement into the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and project management processes.
• May conduct performance reviews.
• Integrates development of best practices, project standards, procedures and quality objectives across multiple projects, programs and business lines.
• Utilizes established project standards, procedures and quality objectives
Acts as primary point of contact for multiple vendor staff and vendor teams for Treasury-wide programs and reports vendors’ progress against established targets.
• Develops and maintains relationships with vendor and/or alliance partners to ensure smooth workflow and meet external and internal client needs.
• Sets standards and monitors for improvement in shared accountabilities and capabilities.
• Monitors and reports on multiple vendors’ progress against budget and other targets for one highly complex or enterprise wide program consisting of multiple projects.
• Identifies risks and issues; establishes mitigation plan to facilitate issue resolution.
• Demonstrates flexibility within a variety of changing situations while working with various individuals and groups.
• Changes own ideas or perceptions in response to changing circumstances.
• Alters standard procedures when necessary and multi-tasks as required.
• Builds both formal and informal professional networks.
• Maintains and extends networks within, across and external to organizational boundaries.
• Obtains and shares information, ideas and problems.
• Solicits advice, support, championship, sponsorship and commitment that result in smooth transitions of change and the development of mutually acceptable solutions
Expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions and conclusions orally and in writing. Listens attentively and reinforces words through empathetic body language and tone.
• Assesses the scope and potential impact of an issue or opportunity.
• Uses business criteria and values to evaluate alternative courses of action. Makes a timely choice based on the options and information available.
• Accomplishes his/her assigned work and overcomes setbacks
• Makes sound decisions, takes risks and takes responsibility for his/her actions regardless of outcome.
• Sets a vision and creates the environment for success.
• Creates productive working conditions.
• Provides guidance and clear direction.
• Communicates with confidence and assertiveness.
• Identifies and acts upon opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Encourages prudent risk-taking, exploration of alternative approaches, and organizational learning. Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty.
• Develops win-win solutions with others.
• Devises counter-arguments, offers compromises while maintaining company objectives, remains assertive in face of conflict and reaches agreements that promote mutual interests and maximize commitment
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Bachelors’ degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of IT project management experience PLUS
o 5+ years experience managing complex projects requiring coordination across multiple business lines/organizations.
o 5+ years of managing a Project/Program Management Office and its staff
• PMP Certified
• Experience in the development and implementation of a Project/Program Management Office
• Experience with IT projects utilizing multiple technologies and frameworks
• Experience with CA Clarity PPM Software
. PMP Certification is MUST
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus)
Level II - 5+ years of experience"
Thanks & Regards,
Sarian Solutions, Inc.
an IT solutions company
Ph: 732 930 5251
Email is the best way to reach me...