Exatech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
• Experienced in Data Center migrations (this candidate will be working with senior level staff from the client and needs to be able to converse within an application centric level)
• This person will be responsible for the data collection and analysis activities around application dependencies.
• Experience in creating application dependency (app to infra mapping and app to app dependency mapping) data gathering requirements.
• Analysis of application dependencies with the ability to logically group applications into criteria based move groups.
• Prepare architecture drawings from the existing setup.
• Experience setting up modern data center.
• Ability to converse at a senior management level - MUST have great communication skills.
• While a soft skill the ability to work as part of a team is important as this a large and complex environment and will require the ability to work within a large team setting.
• Must Have Prior Large Data Center and Applications Migrations Experience.
• Must have managed individual(s) within a large program for Data Center Migrations.
• Must be a Lead level or Architect level with 6-10 years of experience.
• Must be able to perform application mapping services to define asset relationships and dependencies.
• The Migration Lead Engineer must be experienced and proficient in producing complex migration strategies and supporting artifacts including requirements discovery and analysis. The formulation of solution context, identification of solution
• alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and final Execution plans.
• The Migration Engineer will lead the technical aspects of the migrations program.
• Responsible for the creation of required data collection artifacts.
• Responsible for technical deliverables, for data quality and completeness of requirements generated from migrations database; if manually generated, responsible for completing or assigning;
• Ensures Migrations best practice and technical guidelines, artifacts prescribed, etc. are adhered to in a timely manner; e.g. application flows, technical architecture, test plans and any other success driven artifact is completed.
• Responsible for working closely with SMEs to ensure a successful execution of data collection and analysis.
• Responsible for development of transformational options and activities.
• Responsible for performing a gap analysis and assessment to determine completeness of server, storage and network equipment information.
• Raises Issues/Risks in a Timely Manner.
• Responsible for Technical Execution plan in coordination with PMO.
• Works closely with project management office to ensure delivery of the project.
• The Migrations Engineer has the responsibility for ensuring the completeness of the Migrations Technical Planning and Execution. Communicating effectively is expected in terms of adequately addressing all the concerns of stakeholders; and the integrity of the Program, in terms of connecting all the various views to each other, satisfactorily reconciling the conflicting concerns of different stakeholders, and showing the trade-offs made in doing so.
• 4 to 7 years of experience of Large Data Center Migrations/Modernization.
• Overall 10 + years of experience in Infrastructure/ Data Center / Application migration.
• Knowledgeable of Tools required (e.g. Platespin, BMC ADDM etc.) to support data gathering and migration.
• IT environment is heterogeneous by nature and the Engineer will require skills across multiple platforms, including client computing and mobility.
• The Migrations Engineer must have strong communications and relationship skills. A major task of the Technical Lead is to communicate complex technical information to Move Groups (a subset of execution within a migration wave plan) teams or sub-projects, including those who do not have a technical background.
• Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills are also required.
• Must work with the project management office (PMO) to make decisions in a timely manner to keep projects on track.
• Must understand the business processes of the enterprise in which they work, and how those processes work.
• Must be able to conduct workshops with application owners to gather (or confirm) information about application requirements and utilize the data gathered to modify the composition of Waves and Move Groups.
• Must be able to coordinate and work with client teams (Application Owners, Storage, network, etc.) to plan the migrations.