O2 Technologies Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
"Position: Business Analyst with Capital Markets exp
Location: NYC, NY
Duration: 6 Months +
This project requires BA skills, capital markets background/understanding, good analytical skills and excellent communication skills.
Optional skills that benefit would include: onshore-offshore coordination/management and some background in pricing/finance and/or financial modeling.
• Execute high quality deliverables across all phases (inception through user acceptance testing). To include: identifying and optimally defining process flows and user interface use cases.
• Ability to lead and manage requirement gathering sessions, meetings and presentations.
• Drive the assistance in scoping and sizing project phases.
• Solid understanding of project scope change process control and ability to lead success change control plan.
• Ensure that team is engage at client site and identify opportunities and issues to share.
• Effectively manage individual workload, mentor and proactively communicate status updates
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Support development team on translation of functional requirements
• Validate that design solution is per the business specification
• Plan and execute user acceptance testing
• Requirements definition and documentation
• Work with customers and client stakeholders to understand and define business requirements
• Work directly with technologists to develop use cases and functional specifications documents
• Solicit, gather, and analyze, user input and requirements
• Identify and involve key stakeholders
• Identify and interview internal/external subject matter experts
• Author and compile user stories / use cases
• Interface with technical managers and teams
• Collaborate with counterparts in IT (project, development, QA managers) and development resources to create and validate business requirements and project specification documents
Experience and Skills
• 10+ years of business analysis experience with 5+ years in capital markets and banking
• BA/ BS Degree required. Masters degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in analysis, requirement gathering, design and development of enterprise application systems.
• BPM Application / technology experience is preferable
• Extensive business analysis experience to drive the business requirements and vision
• Experience soliciting, gathering, analyzing, user input and requirements
• Experience creating wireframe documents, and with information architecture
• Experience authoring requirements definition and related documentation
• Experience collaborating with business stakeholders, business process owners, technical project managers and technical teams to execute business analysis tasks
• Experience working with creative and technical project teams
• Excellent communication skills is imperative. It is a very client facing role.
• 5 - 8 years will do if they have a Capital Markets background."