HireIT People is a staffing and recruiting company.
Role : Data Modeller
Location : Fort Worth, TX
Duration : 6+ Months any may be Extended
No of Positions : 3
Client Interview / F2F Applicable : Yes
Primary Skills : Data Modeller ,Clinical Data Management , Canonical Data Model (CDM) ,MDM , Agile or hybrid SDLC experience ,PL/SQL
• In collaboration with business and relevant colleagues, Collection of data requirements, conceptualisation of high level data models, development of detailed logical models, and maintenance and enhancement of the models ongoing.
• Maintenance of the enterprise conceptual data models (under direction of the Chief Data Architect)
• Administration of data standards and conventions (definition, naming, and abbreviation) including responsibility for maintaining the data dictionary.
• Documentation of data attributes, ensuring appropriate controls and verifications are in place for data interoperability that is consistent with the architectural roadmap and promotes extensibility and usability throughout the organization and its stakeholders.
• Contribution toward the development, review, and continuous improvement of Solutions Architectures
• Assistance to the Chief Data Architect to develop, implement and maintain Information and Data Management strategies, polices and standards.
• Performing gap analysis of a domain (e.g. Clinical) architecture including data models, data flows, sourcing of data, reporting and their implementations against the strategic roadmap
• Work with IM team to establish MDM, metadata management, data catalogs, data standards, and best practices aligned with strategy
• A conceptual data model is a model of the things in the business and the relationships among them, rather than a model of the data about those things. This model is one that identifies highest / top level relationships between entities; usually these modes include only the important entities and their relationships, no attributes/prim keys are highlighted
• A canonical data model (CDM) is a type of data model that presents data entities and relationships in the simplest possible form. The model is business oriented, based purely on business semantics (i.e. not including any system-dependent/implementation specifics), and used to communicate between data formats
• Logical data models are much more explicit than canonical models, listing all entities and relationships and specifying attributes for each entity. Data is described in as much detail as possible. It may include:
• Restrictions on the data that can be held
• Rules and derived data that are relevant to the processes of the application(s) the logical data model serves
Key Performance Indicators
• Implementation and delivery of new and/or enhanced business value adding technologies and/or IT solutions
• Delivery of expected business value, within budget, time and quality
• Continuous stakeholder alignment and satisfaction..
Well rounded with a good mix of technical, business, and interpersonal skills
Proficient skills in teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, working in a matrix environment and conflict resolution. Working and Managing in cross- functional teams.
• Data modelling skills
• Good understanding of one or more business domain(s) / technology(s)
• Great at execution of assigned activities
• Participate in Innovation discussions, support In- novation related PoC’s
• 2-4 years of experience in working in the Pharmaceutical Industry preferably in the Drug Development function would be desirable
• Strong knowledge in at least one Business Domains and Technology
• Intermediate business analyst and data modelling skills
• A minimum of 2-4 years modelling of clinical entities and relationships with system implementation
• Clear understanding of information model governance
• Knowledge of MDM systems
• Capable of managing an IT team of >=4 indirect reports
• Agile or hybrid SDLC experience
• Good communication, collaboration, facilitation and business partnership capabilities. Can lead a small project / application team
• Exhibits awareness of larger business drivers and adapts solutions accordingly while identifying change opportunities in the business drivers
• Active participant in Innovation network group, bring about innovative ideas, conduct innovation PoC’s. Engage in external industry networks- bring in best practices from the industry to drive innovation
• A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in working in the Pharmaceutical Industry preferably in the Drug Development function.
• Be the role model and leadership Domain and Technology
• Knowledge of Meta data management
• Capable of managing and leading a medium to large sized group of BTA’s as a Team lead (8+)
• Advanced Agile and hybrid SDLC experience
• Exhibits awareness and advanced thinking around business drivers and
• leads the charge to bring about changes to the domain/.enterprise architecture and solutions ac- accordingly.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, facilitation and business partnership capabilities
• Organize/run Innovation networks, drive innovations discussions & PoC’s, and manage associates working on Innovations tasks. Be a thought leader in a technology/functional domain to drive In- novation.
• Scout the industry, technology space for disruptive ideas
• Engage in external industry networks - bring in best practices from the industry to drive innovation
Bachelor degree in engineering (BE/BTech) or MCA in computer science or related area
Business Domain Knowledge
• Clinical Data mgmt.
• Clinical Reporting & Analytics
• Portfolio Management
• Clinical operations and trial management
• Experience in collecting and documenting detailed data requirements and mappings between source and target systems, creating and implementing data dictionaries & metadata repositories, and experience using tools such as Enterprise Architect, Erwin, ER Studio or Data Architect.
• Demonstrated experience in deriving conceptual , canonical and logical models
• Demonstrate experience with writing SQL queries for the purposes of detailed data analysis. Partnered with well-developed interpersonal skills/stakeholder management skills.
• Proven track record of solutions designs and successful project outcomes.
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles will he regarded favorably.
• Experience using the following tools/applications: PL/SQL,SQL Plus/SQL Developer
• Enterprise Architect experience with UML
• knowledge of Master Data Management
• knowledge of Metadata Management from a reporting platform context