GBIT Inc. is a staffing and recruiting company.
Client’s mission is to secure and protect the world’s data and devices.
This is a breakthrough role in our Enterprise security group, helping develop a significant new cloud infrastructure that runs on Docker+ Kubernetes in every major host (Amazon, Azure, Google) as well as a secured Open Stack global cluster.
We are looking for Sr. DevOps Engineer with direct coding experience. We use a combination of open source and off-the-shelf technologies, and we are a major opensource contributor (and an OpenStack gold member). You will be responsible for our growing Linux environment by solving configuration management, authentication, and scaling problems. This is a combination infrastructure systems engineer with software development skills to enable better scaling through good tooling.
• Own automation of the infrastructure platform, and drive the development of new features of our self service portal
• Work on bringing Symantec engineering practices into infrastructure operations, enabling services to utilize the vast resources available in our data centers
• Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world
• Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
• Partnered alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around, the code and systems you work on will be in production and used by hundreds of millions of users all around the world
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
• 4 years experience with UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
• Ability to rapidly learn new development languages (Python, Ruby, and Java are all in heavy use)
• 2 years experience developing software implementing API functionality using REST, Thrift, JSON or similar
• 4+ years of experience using configuration management software like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
• 4+ years work experience or strong knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
• 4+ years working with basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN’s), even if you haven’t worked on one
• 4+ years experience handling configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Apache, memcached, MySQL/MariaDB, Couchbase, and RabbitMQ
• Experience with Logstash/Graphite/InfluxDB/Grafana/Cabot and other diagnostic and alerting tools
• Bias for action; bias for ship