Ambrosia Infotech Inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
The Senior Database Administrator will execute the day to day work instructions from other members of the team in a professional and timely manner. Learn new skill sets and apply them to the regular work environment. Communicating with other teams effectively while servicing them or availing service from other teams. Will be using the process of elimination to troubleshoot problems and escalate appropriately.
Project Focus - This resource is need to complete the SQL Server 2005/2008 upgrade project. The upgrade project is necessary to maintain the targeted SQL Server databases to supportable releases.
- Interact with customers to understand their requirements and work out solutions
- Manage large to enterprise-wide projects
- Assign resources to projects and tasks based on the requirement
- Collaborate with team members to establish standards and best practices
- Develop and document installation procedures for various version and configuration of SQL Server
- Monitor Remedy ticket queue to ensure efficient handling and prompt response of incidents and work orders
- Participate in performance tuning exercises
- Perform CRP (Capacity Requirement Planning) with the help of other team members and customers
- Proactively develop scripts (T-SQL, PowerShell, VBScript, etc.) to automate existing or new processes
- Develop ideas and apply continuous improvement to achieve higher efficiency
- Perform incident and service request execution as directed
- Participate in after-hours support call rotation as per the team guidelines and direction
- Be current with the development of new concepts in the database layer
- Build and manage SQL Servers from multiple locations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree with knowledge of database concepts
- 7+ years of DBA experience
- Experience in large enterprise database environments, as well as solution delivery methodologies gained through a combination of formal training and progressive work experience
- Experience working in a SOX regulated environment
- Knowledge of several industry standard database platforms
- Experience with transactional and/or data warehouse practices
- Advanced database programming skills required such as in T-SQL, PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Project and interdisciplinary coordination skills
- Basic knowledge of business analysis, business knowledge and quality assurance
- Experience in Database Security industry best practices required
- Knowledge of Application SDLC is needed
- Certifications in a related field is a plus