GBIT Inc. is a staffing and recruiting company.
Locals Required : F2F Interview
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical courses in UNIX/Linux system administration or equivalent work experience.
• Two or more years experience as UNIX/Linux systems administrator; Linux and/or AIX experience preferred.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• 8+ years experience identifying and resolving technical problems on the UNIX/Linux platforms and knowledge of UNIX/Linux processor hardware/software products preferred.
• Installs new system software / hardware products as well as new versions and releases for existing system software products according to established departmental procedures.
• Documents installation procedures, changes, software / hardware products, and release levels of all products on processors according to established departmental procedures.
• Provides assistance and problem resolution on software /hardware issues.
• Develops and documents backup/recovery plan for UNIX/Linux files.
• Participates in business resumption (disaster recovery) planning, implementation and testing.
• Monitors processors’ resource usage and provides performance reports to management.
• Administers established CDS security policies.
• Administers disk space usage.
• Interacts with technical support staff(s) on cross platform issues.
• Keeps abreast of new products and developments in marketplace, using various established departmental procedures.
• Interacts in cooperative and professional manner with CDS employees, clients and vendors in team-oriented environment