GBIT Inc. is a staffing and recruiting company.
This position will focus primarily on administration, design and implementation of our Big Data architecture called the Data Lake, work with the Big Data architect and other administrators.
In addition, this administrator position with be operationally focused, ensuring that the Client compliance policies are maintained and remediate any Hadoop vulnerabilities, lead the installation of new/expansion or upgrades, assist in debugging issues with the application teams, ensure system is performing optimally and recommend improvements, create/update diagrams and runbook.
The candidate must have excellent hands on knowledge of Hortonworks Hadoop, Unix/Linux operating systems as well as storage configurations. Skills include proven experience with data architecture methodologies and principles such as data modeling and exposure to a large complex organization.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Big Data (i.e. Hadoop) administration
• Ensure the system is available and performing optimally
• Lead installation of adding new equipment or upgrades
• Open up tickets with the vendor when required
• Implement new technologies such as Kafka, Spark, etc
• Work to debug application team problems
• Support the Retail and PBM side of the business
• Ensure that the CVS compliance policies are maintained and remediate any Hadoop vulnerabilities
• Update infrastructure diagrams and runbook
• 10+ years in a data architecture role
• 2-4 years of deep skills in implementation of the Big Data landscape
• 2-4 years of hands on administration with Hortonworks Hadoop
• 2-4 years of deep working knowledge in use of open source tools such as; Hadoop technology (Hadoop, Sqoop, Hive,etc.), Python and bash.
• 2+ years of hands on developing Sqoop scripts and batch processing
• 4 + years of hands on experiences and thorough understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems
• 2-4 years experience in designing large data warehouses, working knowledge of design techniques such as star schema, flow-flake
• 2-4 years of experience with various information modeling techniques (such as data flow diagrams, third normal form, entity-relationship diagrams or create/read/update/delete matrices).
• Familiarity with business intelligence and data warehousing development processes and techniques.
• Has strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
• Be able to document where appropriate
• Participation in a team atmosphere and working well with others.
• Being able to remain neutral toward any specific technology choice or vendor; being more interested in results than personal preferences.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing tasks and resolving issues in order to deliver quality projects on time and within budget
• Exhibits a high energy, strategic thinking, results oriented, and global collaborative approach.
• Teradata ‘s Aster appliance and having actual implementation involvement
• Database administration experience is a plus
• Knowledge and practical experiences implementing Kerberos and LADP
• Thorough understanding of relational database management systems
• Experience working with and architecture of other major RDBMS systems, especially Teradata, DB2, UDB, SqlServer, and MySql is required
• Knowledge of industry standards such as Informatica and Micro Strategy
• Ability to guide, lead, mentor and facilitate collaboration among team members
• Experience in retail and pharmacy benefit management (PBM) businesses is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field, Master’s Degree is a plus
• Minimum of 2-4 years of focused concentration in Big Data administration