GBIT Inc. is a staffing and recruiting company.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Manager, Internal Audit will be directly responsible for leading all phases of an audit life cycle including planning, risk assessment, audit scoping, and development of the audit program, data collection, documentation and reporting.
The incumbent assists departments internally by identifying where business risks may exist, recognizing areas for improvement, and providing recommendations to improve efficiencies and controls while limiting potential non-compliance, fraud, waste, or abuse.
Collaborates with operational and administrative areas to develop and implement an internal control framework to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures that govern business activities. Leads internal audits and special reviews to provide assurance regarding the existence and effectiveness of financial, business, operational and administrative controls and standard processes. Reviews the suitability of internal control designs for the purpose of ensuring policies, processes and procedures are operating efficiently, effectively, and accurately. Functional oversight of specific activities include/not limited to:
• Financial - Revenue assurance, purchases and disbursements, collection processes and payroll
• Policy & Procedure Custodian – Development, codification and institutionalization of Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures.
• Quality Assurance – Departmental oversight.
• Operational Audits – Terms and conditions, enrollments, drops and switches, rebates and refunds.
• Audits (Corporate, Administration and Operations) – Enterprise auditing, support department and operational process audit activities.
• Corporate Enterprise Risk Management – Set vision, evaluate risks, build and enhance capabilities, and promote institutionalization in key areas, such as: (a) Supply and Hedging Risk Management Evaluation of internal controls around supply purchasing and hedging strategy and participate in/support Risk Management Committee; and (b) Customer Credit Evaluation
• Quality Assurance & Compliance Processes – 3rd party processes, sampling and compliance reporting.
Verifies and evaluates the adequacy of post-audit corrective actions by re-examining procedures, observing revised processes and conducting follow-up audits. Prepares comprehensive audit reports based on findings, makes recommendations for remediation and ensures corrective action measures are taken and intended results were achieved. 25%
Develops and spearheads a comprehensive Enterprise Risk Management initiative that identifies events/circumstances (e.g. hazard, financial, operational and strategic risk) related to organization’s objectives, assessing them in terms of likelihood and order of magnitude, determining a response strategy and the monitoring of progress through the integration of internal control concepts, policies and procedures.
Corporate Compliance Responsibility – ensures compliance with Standards of Business Conduct, applicable contracts, laws, rules and regulations, policies, and procedures as it applies to individual job duties, the department, and the Company. This position must exercise due diligence to prevent, detect, and report unlawful and/or unethical conduct by fellow co-workers, professional affiliates and/or agents.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required or equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education (MBA and CPA preferred).
Strong working knowledge of GAAP (experience with SEC accounting principles preferred).
Minimum of 5 years of collaborative auditing experience in a highly regulated environment (retail energy sector experience preferred).
Additional certifications (CIA, CISA, CFE) highly desirable.
High-level of proficiency in MS Office suite required.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; highly adept and comfortable creating and facilitating small and large group presentations (must be able to clearly convey audit findings, recommendations or alternatives to all levels of the organization and Board of Directors).
Strong ability to multi-task with high attention to detail.
Ability to take large scale initiatives from conception through the entire project cycle.