Prospect Infosys is a staffing and recruiting company.
Final Round In -Person Interview
Design, implement and maintain medium sized projects and/or technology initiatives to ensure timely and cost effective flow of information to stakeholders. Provides technical collaboration within a team of developers throughout the entire application life cycle: planning, designing, programming, testing and implementing existing and/or new systems. Assist, support and train team members. Develop customer relationships and serve as the point of contact for user support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Listed in order of time-spent or importance)
• Provide technical and/or business application consultation to business partners and team members in the areas of functionality, architecture, operating systems and databases for complex Java application systems.
Works with architects in transforming high level architecture designs and assists in technical delivery of large scale enterprise projects to implement optimized end-to-end solutions.
• Mentor developers in the use of agile techniques such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Simple Design.
• Analyze existing systems and architectures for improvement recommendations.
• Assist in troubleshooting production issues and new build deployments.
• Ensures code quality, performs code reviews, and mentors development team members.
• Ensure users’ expectations are met, gain understanding when desired outcomes are not feasible and provide alternative solutions to meet objective(s).
• Design and develop software for new functionality, improvements and system longevity.
• Ensure all documentation of technical architecture and systems are complete.
• Provide training and guidance to team members and users as required.
• Must be available to meet schedules of global operation by being available for off hour meetings.
• Must be able to travel if necessary.
• Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Master’s degree and/or LOMA certification
• Oracle Certification
Experience and Skills
• 5+ years experience in programming/systems analysis.
• 5+ years experience of Java (J2EE) technologies, Sun JDK, RDBMS, Application Server Platforms and open source frameworks.
• Minimum 1 year of Test Driven Development processes.
• Solid knowledge of the following technologies: HTTP, SSL, REST, SQL, JSON, and Excel.
• Languages/frameworks such as Groovy, Ruby, Grails, Rails or Dropwizard.
• Solid knowledge of AIX/Linux, Tomcat, orJetty
• Solid knowledge of Cucumber, Fitnesse or similar testing frameworks
• Solid knowledge of Agile and DevOps development processes
• Solid knowledge of some type of Continuous Integration environment such as Jenkins, CruiseControl, Continuum, Travis, etc…
• Knowledge of DevOps-style deployment tools such as Docker, Ansible, or Vagrant.
• Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to lead.
• Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems’ design and technical solutions.
• Expert knowledge of object oriented programming, design patterns, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration
• Complex analytical and problem-solving skills
• Broad business and finance related knowledge
• Advanced oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well within an Agile team environment.
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work outside normal business hours with users in different time zones
• Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
• Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
• Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
• Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
• Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
• General business knowledge
• 8+ years experience in programming/systems analysis