ENTMATRIX is a staffing and recruiting company.
Develops and executes test cases. May develop high level test plans. Documents problems identified in testing and reports results. Manages the execution of multiple, complex test plans by preparing assignments, providing training and guidance and reviewing activities to ensure quality standards are met. Diagnoses system problems and recommends solutions. Participates in the definition and design of new systems and enhancements. Serves as a technical, subject matter resource for testing, systems and business line staff. Performs test preparation activities, including developing test schedules and defining expected test results. Compares test results to expected results. Documents and tracks bugs, problems and limitations and retests. Composes and disseminates software release notes prior to production implementation.
Going into ORI projects, this is supporting regulatory work.
The candidate will be responsible for defining the test strategy for our FX trading platform. The position requires the individual to write test cases and support new and existing products for the company and improve the quality of the product. The ideal candidate will have experience testing any trading platform. Knowledge of financial technologies, trading regulations and Surveillance is a major plus.
• Analyze Product and Customer requirements to create end-to-end test strategy and scenarios.
• Work closely with team members and with other teams to ensure quick resolution of Customer reported issues.
• Write, review and implement test plans and test cases (both manual and automated).
• Take ownership of certain product module QA effort and perform the required testing for all software modification
• Work with Operations team to resolve production issues as needed.
• Document all Test artifacts including Test Cases, Test Plans in the Test Case Management System
• Research technologies and methodologies which will improve our test practices Minimum Qualifications
• 5+ years prior experience in Software QA,
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
• Experience in testing Trading Platforms (preferably FX).
• Knowledge of FIX protocol is desirable
• Knowledge of Financial transaction workflows like clearing, STP, Order management will be a plus
• Very strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis skills.
• Refined proficiency at precise written and verbal communications.
• Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle especially Agile methodologies
• Experience with and understanding of databases (Oracle, SQL).
• Familiarity with UNIX or Linux and Windows operating systems Must be comfortable using standard UNIX utilities to do testing and identify issues.
• Strong working knowledge of software build and release management processes such as maintaining QA environment would be a plus.
• Self-motivated, quick learner and creative problem solver, organized, and responsible team player
Skill/Role Level Years Preference
Testing Methodologies Intermediate 6.0 Preferred
Testing-Functionality Intermediate 6.0 Preferred
Test Engineer Intermediate 6.0 Preferred
Testing-System Intermediate 6.0 Preferred
QA (Quality Assurance) Intermediate 6.0 Preferred
Testing-Regression Intermediate 6.0 Preferred