IDC Technologies is a staffing and recruiting company.
Role: Sr./Lead DevOps Engineer with AWS & Azure
Location: Houston, TX (Day 1 ONSITE)
Duration: 6+ Months
AWS Automation (no Operation)
We’re in search of a DevOps Engineer who’s ready to help us improve our customer experience by building functional systems that bring our business to new heights.
You’ll need to have extensive experience in Amazon Web Services and Azure, because you’ll be creating Terraform templates to build AWS & Azure services to support internal applications—which means you’ll need to be fluent in scripting, too.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll also be working in conjunction with like-minded departments such as software engineering to deploy products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes and systems. It’ll definitely help for you to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, because you’ll also be helping us to streamline our processes—and automating them where applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Build whole stack infrastructure deployments from ELBs to databases
· Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
· Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
· Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
· Update our processes and design new processes as needed to optimize performance.
· Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
· Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
· Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts so that others may understand.
· Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
· Work with CI and CD tools – Azure Dev Ops
· Offer good technical support where needed, developing automation/software for our back-end systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
· Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
· Experience working with & deploying databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
· Knowledge of at least two of these scripting languages - Bash, Python & Powershell
· Experience with workflow tools such as Azure Dev Ops, Jira etc.
· Experience with AWS and Azure cloud services.
· Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
· Experience deploying infrastructure using either – terraform, cloud formation, or ARM
· Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
· More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
· Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
· Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
· Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
· Solid team player.
· Good to have knowledge of at least one OOP language such as c#, Java, etc.