IDC Technologies is a staffing and recruiting company.
Job Title: Cassandra Database Administrator (DBA)
Work Location: San Jose, CA 95101
Contract duration: 6 Months+
Database Administrator (DBA), Cassandra
• Assist in the development of tools and techniques for data access, retention and security
• Configuration, provisioning, upgrading and decommissioning databases and database tuning.
• Monitoring production deployments for capacity issues, performance and troubleshooting
• Production database support. Availability for 24X7 on call rotation support.
• Minimum 4 years of extensive experience managing Cassandra NoSQL database.
• Knowledge of NoSQL best practices & NoSQL data modeling
• Knowledge of operating interrelationships between database, business applications and operating systems.
• Understand hot and cold backup planning.
• Good Problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work with multiple groups to resolve data issues.
• Must have experience of working in mid to large size production environment across multiple active Datacenters.
• Must be able to work in a 24x7 on-call customer facing environment on need basis.
• Monitor and tune query performance , define and implement backup strategies per data retention requirements, diagnose and resolve production issues as needed 24x7
• Deep knowledge of Cassandra DB performance/scaling concepts and tuning best practices
• Ability to write and maintain Unix/Linux shell scripts.
• Highly self-motivated with the desire to embrace new database technologies and must be able to work independently or within a team in a high demand and dynamic environment.
• Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Master’s preferred.