Strategic Systems is a staffing and recruiting company.
Mortgage experience is a plus
Senior Data Engineer
Looking for a Senior Data Engineer with DataStage and SQL experience to work on a Mortgage Originations team that handles all origination data from our various data suppliers and then provide them downstream to our users and tools. This role will help build new DataStage and SQL jobs, maintain, enhance, and make existing jobs more efficient. Would involve documenting existing processes, doing coordinated releases, and some support.
Day to day duties in LOS Support Team
1) Develop, Improve upon and Test DataStage Jobs, understand and able to modify SQL Queries
2) Able to work independently and with team at times with minimal supervision on support tasks and new projects
3) Troubleshoot and provide resolution of errors in both Production and Non-Production environments
4) Understand requirements, existing DataStage code and workflow
5) Service Now Incidents timely resolution
Expectation for New Hire
1) Advanced SQL Knowledge to modify existing DataStage SQL queries
2) Advanced DataStage work experience and able to understand the existing workflow and fine tune DataStage jobs and provide code fix for repetitive Production errors.
3) Modify existing DataStage Jobs to incorporate better error handling.
4) Analysis of assigned work and get clarifications before moving the work to IN progress. Not afraid to ask questions and get clarifications.
5) Able to understand Business requirements and
6) Able to collaborate and work effectively with the whole team
7) Able to work in Production Support on rotation basis.
8) Nice to have working knowledge of connecting to Oracle database in DataStage