IDC Technologies is a staffing and recruiting company.
Job Title: Cognos Developer/Admin
Work Location: Atlanta, GA (This position may require 15% travel)
Contract duration: 12 Months+
Job Details & Qualifications Basic
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required. Will also consider one year of relevant work experience in lieu of every year of education.
• At least 5 years of experience with SKILLS SET
Job Requirement/ Role
• At least 5 years of experience solid hands on experience in various phases of Cognos product implementation
• Must have working experience on cognos11 Analytics
• Must have working experience on Cognos report migration, Cube build, Studios, Report Burst.
• Must have strong experience on Cognos Framework Manager and Cognos TM1 expertise
• Strong hands on experience in Cognos BI suite Impromptu Query Studio PowerPlay Transformer
• Proven technical leadership on multiple projects using core Cognos modules especially the Framework Manager
• Strong proficiency in creating complex reports such as Dashboard Cube based reports email freestyle using DMR and cubes
• Strong technical comprehension of Cognos 11 products with hands on experience in Series 8 to 11 products
• Strong understanding of Cognos installation configuration administration troubleshooting and tuning Strong hands on experience using database tools such as DBArtisan or Rapid SQL
• Strong Experience Advance SQL Procedure Functions Views Triggers Indexes Exceptions DDL DML DCL Manage upgrades installation Daily Monthly batch schedules run process
• Knowledge of basic Core Java Perl Scripts and Dot net Applications
• Experience leading a team of Cognos developers distributing work load and effectively managing deliverables Solid analytical and trouble shooting skills coupled with experience supporting production environments
• Highly motivated team player and diligent worker with experience and flexibility to support our onsite and offshore teams Successful and consistent track record as a Cognos analyst working for a major US based company
• Prior experience with Cognos BI administration and Cognos 11 Analytics. Cognos Certification in Framework Manager or Reportnet Modeling.
• Experience in Retail domain
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks independently with precise detail and follow-up reporting.
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Minimum years of experience 5+