Racedog Technologies is a staffing and recruiting company.
The candidate will work closely with designers and developers to drive the evolution and expansion of Samsung's cloud based retail solution for Family Hub Device. The candidate will work closely with one or more QA teams (local or remote) to identify, debug and fix production issues. An ideal candidate would have a strong background in C/C++ development with a passion for emerging technologies. In addition the candidate would have deep skills in web design and implementation with a passion for building great web-based user interfaces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement new, exciting features for Samsung's retail solution
- Work with cross-functional teams to build an extensible and industry standard retail framework.
- Implement usable, intelligent and elegant web interfaces for Samsung’s Retail Mode solution
- Work closely with back-end developers to find ways to create the best possible user experience using existing web technologies
- Work closely with QA teams to identify and fix any and all bugs that are reported.
- Travel to customer or partner sites to facilitate smooth exchange of information, joint development or integration activities (approximately 1-2 times a year, each trip lasting about 2 weeks).
Necessary Skills /Attributes:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Strong background in C/C++ or Java
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong understanding of user experience design principles
- Strong understanding of cross browser design consideration and issues
- Ability to rapidly prototype user interfaces in working HTML with CSS based upon simple wireframe models
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Additional Preferred Skills
- Any Experience in developing Web Applications or Native Applications for the Tizen Platform
- Shell scripting experience in Linux