oloop technologies is a staffing and recruiting company.
: Business Intelligence Engineer/ BI Developer
: Las Vegas, NV
: Long Term Contract
Required skills : Tableau, Power BI, SQL
Visa : USC/GC
The Business Intelligence Engineer position demonstrates expert analytical skill deriving actionable insights from SYNKROS data, expert SQL and PL/SQL programming skills applied to department and customer objectives and requirements. The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer position will research and develop solutions to meet customer and departmental issues. The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer position will work closely with SYNKROS database administrators, software engineers, software designers, quality assurance, and senior managers. Efforts will be focused on the Konami Casino Management System (SYNKROS™) product suite and offerings.
This position also requires the flexibility to act autonomously at all times while adhering to overall department and company policies and procedures.
• Apply strong SQL experience to resolve and/or explain highly complex data issues
• Ability to write efficient, complex queries against very large data sets
• Ability to analyze large complex volumes of data
• Proficiency in advanced quantitative/statistical modeling, optimization techniques, etc.
• Perform unit performance testing
• Analyzing s and product requirements to create a design.
• Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Ability to rapidly iterate through conceptual ideas or designs and effectively communicate these using low- to medium-fidelity prototypes, such as sketches, paper prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, interactive click-through etc.
• Develop and test interactive dashboards using de-normalized data from database views
• Ensure data sources are accurate and representative of actual transactions after the data has been transformed
• Perform unit performance testing
• Writes, tests, debugs/troubleshoots, and maintains the source code of computer programs.
• Applies strong SQL and PL/SQL experience to code new and enhanced development objectives.
• Analyze objectives and problems specified by engineers and/or designers and create innovative, highly effective solutions.
• Ability to write efficient, complex queries against very large data sets.
• Ability to model, analyze and manage large volumes of data.
• Quickly gain in-depth knowledge of the data domains utilized by SYNKROS™ and how the application interacts with the data
• Analyze data underlying complex business problems and work with specified engineers and designers to create innovative, highly effective solutions
• Create and maintain any reference documentation as ed
• Manages design and development recommendations for SYNKROS™ and related systems.
• Provides mentoring and oversight on database development best practices, functional development, coding practices and company policies and procedures.
• Assists the Manager, Business Intelligence in conducting design and code reviews.
BSEE or BSCE in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field from four-year college or university.
Minimum 6 years of industry experience with a focus on interactive data visualization, information visualization, information graphics, or related fields. Significant experience in the development and delivery of visual analytics (dashboards). Complimentary experience in database development, programming, scripting and writing SQL & PL/SQL statements to conduct analyses on a mission critical OLTP database on a variety of database platforms. Experience working with the demands of a 24x7x365 “Real Time” computer system. Gaming experience is a plus.
Computer / Technical Skills / Specific Skills:
Expert experience with SQL, Oracle Database, and Oracle PL/SQL is preferred. Experience with Oracle Apex, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Oracle Discoverer 11g is helpful. Intermediate and above level understanding and usage of Microsoft Office products. Must be able to communicate professionally and efficiently (verbal and written) with all levels of the business. Must be able to obtain and retain gaming licensure.