Philinfosys inc is a staffing and recruiting company.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst for Connected Vehicle Reporting will be responsible for gathering business requirements that pertain to reporting on the Vehicle organization's marketing activities and key performance indicators. This person will be required to develop an in-depth knowledge of CV marketing business processes and corresponding information s. The analyst will interview users in order to establish reporting requirements, define key performance indicators and their attributes, assess s for training, and determine user acceptance criteria for development projects.
Business requirements to be captured in technical documents for development teams, including screen mockups and visualizations. The analyst will also be the primary person testing report and dashboard outputs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist business staff in the development of business requirements documents, including owning authorship of business requirements when called for.
• Help identify and assess potential data sources and analyze existing enterprise data warehouse structures to determine relevance to CV marketing reporting.
• Participate in generating high-level solution concepts in consultation with development and quality assurance teams.
• Write functional requirements documents, participate in document reviews with business users and development teams.
• Create dashboard design mockups, using creative methods for visualizing results.
• Document test strategies for report and dashboard outputs, and review test results.
• Maintain an understanding of how the data in the enterprise data warehouse relates to important CV marketing business processes, events and measurements.
• Work cooperatively with analysts and developers to ensure that business requirements guide the
• Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
• At least 8 years of working experience in a variety of technical s within information technology.
• 5 or more years of experience in business analysis or data analysis s in a BI environment.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interpret, analyze and solve business problems with information technology solutions.
• Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to advocate for the s of business partners.
• Good public speaking and presentation skills.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
• Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
• Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
• Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
• Creative writing ability.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience using BI tools; experience with Cognos and Qlikview highly desirable.
• Development experience with at least one business intelligence tool such as Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, or Microstrategy highly desired.
• Experience authoring technical documents such as business requirements, functional requirements, business rules, KPI definitions, database design representations, data and systems flow diagrams.
• Knowledge of data warehouse architectures and processes.
• Understanding of the features and capabilities of one more DBMS's commonly used in data warehousing such as Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server.
• Expertise developing or applying relational and dimensional data models.
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)