empower Professionals is a staffing and recruiting company.
Need Local candidate who can go for F2F interview
The Senior Application Developer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
• Develop system applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
• Technically manage complex and large scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
• Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
• Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
• Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
• Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
• Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
• Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
• Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
• Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Developers.
• Attend requirements meetings and write requirements and/or design documents.
• Troubleshoot application systems based on issues arising from the business or development teams.
• Write code that abides by CDW coding standards and best practices.
• Participate in code reviews and make code changes when needed.
• Collaborate with other team members to work on tasks in tandem.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly.
• Manage offshore resources and internal coworkers or contractors.
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in work experience
• 7 years’ experience with:
o Rational Software Architect or Eclipse
• 3 years’ experience with:
o subversion/Tortoise or equivalent
o IBM WAS and the WAS admin console
o HTTPS using TLS 1.2
o 5 years’ experience with:
• Client-side encryption
• EJB 2.0
• DB2 (Database)
• Spring batch, cache, etc.
• NetBeans (IDE)
• POI (Excel parser/generator from Apache)
• F5 (IBM – load balancing tool)