ENTMATRIX is a staffing and recruiting company.
"Need QA Lead
Irvine CA ::Need Locals::
• Coordinates IVV resources (Staff)
• Ensures appropriate training / application of practices / methods / tools.
• Resolves resource conflicts between programs (Hardware / Staff)
• Prepares proposals & estimations for capacity evolution
• Balances resources in coordination with other Shift Leads / Managers
• Supports the IVV Performance Engineer in monitoring IVV activity performance
• Additionally acts in the role of a System Test Engineer:
• Integrates, tests and troubleshoots IFE systems (SW & HW)
• Adapts generic (automated/manual) test cases for the system under test
• Documents test results and all associated activities
• Identifies defects based on system specifications
• Creates defect records based on findings during the test activities. (Identification of defects, clear comprehensive description, initial assessment of severity)
• Verifies Lab installations / Racks against specifications (SW & HW).
• Ensures proper configuration management of the system under test (SUT) (SW & HW)
• Is responsible for Rack/Lab cleanliness.
Skills and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field required.
• Knowledge of common defect management tools (ClearQuest / Jira)
• Mid-level skill in working with office suites (Microsoft Office / Open Office)
• People Management expertise
• Ability to read and interpret requirement documentation
• Familiarity with common system weaknesses (race conditions, synchronization problems, border values, intermittent problems in SW & HW)
• Creativity in detecting and provoking possible problems
• Expertise in common test practices (Functional tests, user scenario tests)
• Ability to understand and write test cases
• Needs to be comfortable with handling and performing basic troubleshooting on IT software & hardware
• Expertise in defect reporting and defect management workflows"