VDart is a staffing and recruiting company.
• Must have system engineering and administration experience in a UNIX and Windows environment with substantial knowledge of the operating systems for Solaris, SuSE, AIX, RHEL, and Windows platforms.
• Preferred advanced knowledge of CIS compliance for both security auditing and remediation
• Preferred to have advanced working knowledge of JFrog Artifactory
• Preferred working knowledge of Chef Enterprise
• Preferred working knowledge of Chef Automate as a CI/CD pipeline
• Must have extensive knowledge of OS patching, software packaging and deployment processes and strategies
• Works with application development team on application building, deployment and troubleshooting.
• Contributes to designing technical roadmaps in support of the IT strategy
• Consults on operational challenges and key projects.
• Must have advanced programming/scripting languages such as JSON/Jscript, Ruby, Perl, Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, C, VBScript, PowerShell
• Should have basic knowledge on Oracle database support
• Should have basic knowledge on directory services such as DNS, LDAP, and Active Directory
• Experience with application packaging for software deployment tools
• Experience in system/application tuning and performance optimization
• Experience working with a cloud vendor
• Providing on-call support for production environments
• Demonstrated analytical skills with creative and innovative approach to problem solving
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to function as a member of a team; ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
• Five or more years of experience with supporting RedHat Linux and Windows
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Strong ability to clearly and professionally document architecture and processes using Visio or similar
• Knowledge of managing a large Chef environment, Roles/Policies, RBAC
• Ability to write and maintain complex Chef cookbooks and recipes
• Automating with various scripting languages where necessary to improve processes
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work as a team player
• System/application tuning and performance optimization